Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Keep The Commandments!!

"Keep the commandments; keep the commandments!
In this there is safety; in this there is peace.
He will send blessings; He will send blessings.
Words of a prophet: Keep the commandments.
In this there is safety and peace." (LDS Hymn #303)

I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints all my life. A hymn, that I have remembered all my life, and have memorized is Keep the Commandments! I love this song! I really love in this hymn when it says, "keep the commandments, in this there is safety, in this there is peace." How have you seen keeping the commandments of God bless your life? For me keeping the commandments has blessed my life. The commandments are there to help us know what to do, and to help us avoid certain things. Commandments are given to us through Prophets here on the earth. Commandments have been on the earth since the time of Adam and Eve.

The first commandments were given to Adam and Eve(our first parents) they were to not partake of the fruit of the tree of good and evil, and to multiply and replenish the earth, by bringing more of our Heavenly Fathers spirit children to the Earth. You may be wondering what the 10 commandments are and where can they be found. They can be found in the Holy Bible, and in the Book of Mormon. I saw on a bumper sticker once, that read. "The Ten Commandments are not a multiple choice test." I thought that is so true, we cannot pick and choose which commandments we want to keep and which ones we don't want to keep. I know the commandments are here to help us, and if we want the fullness of all the blessings that are in store for keeping them, let us keep all of them. I know that as you and I strive more fully to keep the commandments the Lord will bless us and our families. If you would like to learn more about the 10 commandments please visit www.mormon.org or www.lds.org.
this video is a beautiful song: If Ye Love me keep the commandments

No comments:

Post a Comment