Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Prayer is Real

 Today, I would like to talk about prayer with ya'll. This has been on my mind  most of the day today, so I am hoping that as I talk about prayer and explain prayer I hope I can help someone understand it more. Prayer has helped me so much through out my life. It has helped me get through my trials, and hard times in my life, and continues to give me comfort and help. Prayer is a unique opportunity that we have to talk with the Almighty God, our supreme creator. It is amazing to think that He will listen to us as we take the time through out the day to pray. He will listen, you are important, and He loves you, and He does have time for us, because we are His children. What is prayer? Prayer is simply direct communication with our Father in Heaven. In the Bible dictionary it says "The object of prayer is not to change the will of God but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that are made conditional on our asking them."(LDS KJV Bible Dictionary pg 753) Prayer is a commandment from God. "We can pray at any time, and in any setting."(preach my gospel page 73)

 If you are not a frequent prayer you may be asking  yourself How do I pray? That is an excellent question. Let me explain the simple steps to prayer. First we address our Heavenly Father(Dear Heavenly Father) Just like you would be writing a letter to a friend. Second, we ask Him for things. Things that may be on our heart at the time, or if you have questions that are on your mind. Thirdly you close in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I know that as we use these simple steps to prayer we can find comfort in our life's. As we put our trust in God He will help us. There is an awesome quote by President Brigham Young that can apply to all of us. "We should never give into the idea that we are not worthy to pray. This idea comes from Satan, who wants to convince us that we must not pray. If we do not feel like praying, we should pray until we do feel like praying."-President  Brigham Young. I know that prayer can help in your life. I would like to encourage and invite all of us to have more meaningful prayers in our life, and to talk with God because He wants to hear from us. I know we will be blessed as we pray. I also invite you to visit http://www.mormon.org/ if you would like to learn more about prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment